Alco Windows and Doors offers a wide range of high-quality impact windows from manufacturers we trust. PGT Custom Windows & Doors is one such partner.
One of the country’s largest manufacturers of doors and window, PGT is located right here in South Florida which gives them a special understanding of the special window needs of Floridians. In fact, in 1992 following the devastation of Hurricane Andrew, PGT partnered with Miami-Dade building officials to help develop construction code requirements that to this day remain some of the country’s most stringent. And the company now holds the highest number of Miami-Dade certifications in the industry!
PGT Impact Windows
From hurricanes to tropical storms and scorching heat, PGT Windows are particularly valuable to your Florida home during hurricane season. They can withstand impacts from flying debris and hurricane-force winds with the glass remaining in the frame. But they also offer a host of other benefits:
- Noise reduction
- UV protection to prevent fading of furniture and furnishings
- Reduced energy costs
- Year-round security against intruders and thieves
All of PGT’s impact resistant windows are made from laminated or laminated insulating glass. Created to withstand repeated impact from a 9-pound 2x4 beam traveling at nearly 35 miles per hour, the glass’ interlayer is designed to hold glass pieces secure in the frame even when damaged.
To ensure maximum protection, PGT impact windows go through 3 rigorous tests:
- An impact test that meets or exceeds the most stringent code requirements for flying debris and hurricane force winds.
- A cyclic test that recreates storm conditions 4,500 times to ensure a window is impact resistant and meets Florida’s stringent building codes.
- The static water test which uses multiple nozzles to saturate the window with more water than the product would ever experience with even the fiercest storm.
All the windows PGT manufactures are backed by one of the best warranties in the industry which should come as no surprise to those who are familiar with PGT’s philanthropic work. Citing a strong sense of responsibility to be a caring neighbor, PGT regularly donates time, money, and products to organizations such as the Boys & Girls Club, Loveland Center, Children First, and the Child Protection Center, among others.
PGT is the nation’s leading manufacturer of impact resistant and doors and Alcon is proud to be associated with a company that understands protecting your home and loved ones is a top priority.
To learn more about impact windows for your Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, or Monroe County home, contact us online today or call us.