When it comes to choosing an impact door for your home, there are a lot of factors to consider. One of the most important is the brand of door you choose. Different brands offer different features, levels of protection, and warranties.
So, which brand is right for you? Here's a look at some of the most popular impact door brands on the market today.
First Off - Why Choose Impact Doors?
Impact doors offer homeowners many advantages and are extremely useful when paired with impact windows. These products are designed to protect your home from the effects of extreme weather.
Impact doors offer several additional benefits to South Florida homeowners. While severe storm protection sits at the top of the list, impact doors also provide:
- Long-lasting reliability. Stop worrying about buying doors that stop working properly over time. You can rest assured that every piece of an impact door will reliably work years down the road, unlike the breakdown that normally occurs with traditional options.
- Protection from allergens. Impact doors provide better seals around the openings in your home. This added protection can relieve asthma sufferers by reducing pollen, dust, and other irritants.
- Safety from Intruders. In Florida, a burglary occurs about every 5 seconds. Impact doors are much more difficult to break than traditional products, featuring stronger locking mechanisms that make them even more resistant to forced entry.
- Exterior Noise Filtering. The thicker glass and frames in impact doors create a barrier that significantly reduces the amount of noise entering your home.
- UV Ray Protection. The glass in impact doors filters out harmful UV rays, protecting both you and your home. This can help to prevent fading of furniture, flooring, and other household items.
- Lower energy bills. Because impact doors provide such a tight seal, they also help keep your home insulated. This leads to lower utility bills as your home's HVAC system won't have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Even temperatures across your home. Impact doors help keep every room in your home at an even temperature, so you'll never have to worry about hot or cold zones again.
- More money back on your investment. If you're planning on selling your home in the future, impact windows can increase its value. Because they provide a wide range of benefits, buyers will pay more for a home with impact products installed.
Now that you know the benefits of impact doors, let’s look at some popular impact door brands.
The Most Popular Impact Door Brands
With such a broad selection of impact door brands on the market, it can take time to choose the right one. We recommend checking out these three brands first:
1) PGT Custom Windows + Doors
This Florida-based impact door and window brand has been around since 1980 and is one of the most popular impact door brands on the market today. PGT is part of a larger conglomerate of impact window brands, including CGI, WinDoor, Western Window Systems, and more.
They offer many stylish, energy-efficient, and modern impact doors. The company actively works with building officials in South Florida to ensure its products meet local requirements across the southern gulf.
Their options include aluminum sliding glass doors, aluminum or vinyl French doors, and aluminum cabana doors. PGT doors work in nearly any home design with various styles and finishes, including contemporary decorating styles.
2) CGI Industries
CGI, also located in Florida, manufactures its products to meet impact and pressure requirements. Their doors include French, entrance, and sliding glass door designs.
The company's main focus is its commitment to rigorously testing all products to ensure they meet optimum standards. Watch this video to see CGI's process:
3) Eco Window Systems
Founded in 2008, this Eco Window Systems has built a solid reputation for impact products for every property type. They provide impact-resistant windows and doors in South Florida for commercial and residential clients.
Eco Window Systems impact doors also focus on providing affordable options for every budget. Their windows and impact doors are manufactured in their own local facility.
Their impact door collection includes French, sliding glass doors, entryways, and single-hung designs. The company also offers an impressive range of customizable color options to match any home interior design.
Additional Impact Door Options
1) Mr. Glass
Mr. Glass impact door products are designed to add value, beauty, and security to your home. Their impact doors cater to both residential and business customers. Their door products include commercial doors, French doors, and sliding glass doors.
Mr. Glass doors are certified for both small and large structures, and their doors meet HVHZ testing requirements.
Therma Tru makes use of impact resistant glass in many of their window and door offerings. Impact-resistant models are available in their Classic-Craft, Fiber-Classic, Pulse, Smooth-Star, Profiles, and Traditional product lines.
In addition to meeting Wind Borne Debris Regions (WBDR) & High-Velocity Hurricane Zones (HVHZ) codes, many Therma Tru products are also Energy Star certified.
This impact door brand offers a variety of impact-resistant doors in their impact and impact-plus lines. Their products carry a lifetime warranty covering both glass breaks and impact damage.
Jeld-Wen impact doors are impact-tested per impact testing requirements of the Florida Building Code.
Tips for Choosing the Right Impact Door Brand
Choosing impact doors is a big decision, so we recommend researching all your options before purchasing. We recommend checking out content from The National Glass Association and browsing Energy Star publications & reports
After researching how impact doors work, it's essential to focus on HOW installation companies install your products. We can't stress this enough - the best impact doors depend on high-quality installation services for maximum home protection.
What does high-quality impact door installation look like?
- Installation crews carry certification from reputable glass installation organizations, such as the American Window and Door Institute.
- All company employees hold proper insurance to protect you from potential liability.
- Installers use superior accessories, such as high-quality screws and sealants, to install your new hurricane impact doors.
- After installation, the crew cleans the work area before leaving your home.
- You receive a warranty on the hurricane impact doors and the installation services.
Don't settle for anything less when choosing an impact products installer. We recommend obtaining quotes from three separate companies before making any final decisions.
Why Choose Alco Windows and Doors for Impact Door Installation?
Alco Windows and Doors provides impact window and door installation services to residents throughout South Florida. With products from only the most reputable brands, you'll sleep soundly knowing you made a great purchase.
Furthermore, our certified specialists guarantee you will receive only the highest-quality installation services. Here's what the Alco difference looks like:
- Better results come from our practice of using superior products during installation, like marine-grade sealants and tap-con screws when mounting new windows and doors.
- Not only do our installation teams remove your impact doors with no fuss, but they also fill in any gaps in your home's concrete. This makes way for a more seamless installation of your new products so that they fit better and resist damage.
- We follow the standards of the Better Business Bureau and are licensed to conduct business in Florida.
- We carry full business insurance to protect you and our employees during installation.
- We guarantee our installation work, so you know that your impact products will last for many years.
Since our beginnings in 2017, we’ve committed ourselves to making South Florida communities stronger. Our friends and neighbors deserve a better path to protecting homes and families.
This mission is why we continually focus on two goals: superior product quality and outstanding customer service.
We believe our communities can be safer and stronger when people confidently understand how best to protect their homes, families, and livelihoods.
Schedule your free in-home consultation today! Make an appointment online or call us at (888) 877-2526.